Team Endure to Cure

I'm swimming to raise awareness and funds for Team Endure to Cure. We are a team of individuals of all kinds who participate in ANY event, ANYWHERE in the world, and in the process raise funds to help advance cures for pediatric cancer while inspiring others.
http://www.enduretocure.org/

I chose this wonderful group of athletes to share dreams and to ensure that every time o
ur face goes in the water our efforts count...This year gone Jason pushed his body through the Marathon des Sables-Jim is taking on the Gobi Desert next year-we are all just making our efforts count...Limits are virtual..



Saturday, August 6, 2011

The final Countdown...

It's so fantastic to be here..sitting in Rapperswil waiting for the swim-we are so used to running and racing..making every minute count and trying to get back to one commitment or another.. Today I plan and relax and tomorrow I swim 26.4km-there is no other plan and no reason that I have to leave the lake.. At least not one I can see.

The day is going good-the forecast is rain this evening and storms for tomorrow with heavy rain. Frances will have a tough day in the boat but hoping that she will have a great day too.. we have christened our pilot Gunter-his name is probably Patrick but to us he's Gunter.. and a great guy.. we'll meet him in the morning.. One thing I know if he doesn't follow the plan... Frances will be driving and He'll be feeding me!!!!
we have our final run through of hydration-things will change if the lake is lumpy and waves-vis will be worse I'm guessing with the water off the mountains and drinking it will be more challenging..

I can't change any of that-I am so delighted to have zero plans for tomorrow, nothing but to persue my passion..to swim and to have fun with my friends....

here's to a great day...rain/wind or sun-we can only swim the water in front of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment